Carols of Many Nations
There is great variety in which people at different times and in different parts of the world spend Christmas. The more we know of Christmas, in former times and throughout the world, the better we can understand the Christmas message.
The Australian Children's Choir sings carols from countries around the world.
The Australian Children’s Choir consists of children of various ethnic backgrounds. It was formed in 1977, and filled a need for choral opportunities for girls as well as boys. On this recording there are 44 voices ranging in age from nine to 15 years.
Formed in 1977, the Australian Children's Choir filled a need for choral opportunities for girls as well as boys. Original director Richard Gerner gained his love of choral music as a boy in St Peter's Cathedral, Adelaide.
- Angels from the Realms of Glory (Traditional) 2:47
- Rise ups Shephed an' Foller (Traditional) 2:30
- A Greek Kalanda (Traditional) :55
- In Notte Placida (Traditional) 2:25
- The Three Drovers (Traditional) 1:30
- O Little One Sweet (Traditional) 3:10
- Bright December Moon (Traditional) :53
- In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Traditional) 3:53
- A Fire Is Started (Traditional) 1:55
- Tu Scendi Dalle Stella (Traditional) 3:48
- Christmas Day (Traditional) 1:13
- Away in a Manger (Traditional) 3:22
- Good St. Nicholas (Traditional) 1:10
- Come my Dear Old Lady (Traditional) 1:12
- Rocking (Traditional) 2:20
- O Come All Ye Faithful (Traditional) 4:48
Where to buy
This title is also available in (or can be ordered through) many fine music retailers across Australia including Readings.