Birds Bees and Butterflies
Songs of Love of Springtime sung by Pamela Wainwright and accompanied by Andrew Frampton.
- Ridente la calma (Let calm joy awaken), K. 152 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Oiseaux, si tous les ans (Birds, every year), K. 307 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- ans un bois solitaire (In a solitary forest), K. 308 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Recitative: ‘And God said: Let the earth bring forth grass’ Aria: ‘With Verdure Clad’ Franz Joseph Haydn
- Recitative: ‘And God said: Let the waters bring forth abundantly’ Aria: ‘On Mighty Pens’ Franz Joseph Haydn
- I. Air Romantique (Romantic Air)
- II. Air Champêtre (Pastoral Air)
- III. Air Grave (Serious Air)
- IV. Air Vif (Lively Air)
- Les Papillons (The Butterflies) Claude Debussy
- Voici que le printemps (Here is Spring), L. 52 Claude Debussy
- I. Y Gylfinir (The Curlew)
- II. Tylluanod (Owls)
- III. Mae Hiraeth yn y Môr (There’s Longing in the Sea)
- Where The Bee Sucks Thomas Arne
- Spring Sorrow John Ireland
- ‘Dream Valley’ from Three Blake Songs, Op. 20 No. 1 Roger Quilter
- Frühlingsglaube (Faith in Spring), Op. 20 No. 2, D 686 Franz Schubert
- Die Vögel (The Birds), Op. posth. 172 No. 6, D 691 Franz Schubert
- Das Lied im Grünen (The Song in the Countryside), Franz Schubert
Airs chantés (Sung Airs), FP 46 Francis Poulenc
Caneuon y Tri Aderyn (Songs of Three Birds) Dilys Elwyn-Edwards
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers.
Franz Joseph Haydn (1732–1809) was an Austrian composer, one of the most prolific and prominent composers of the Classical period. He is often called the "Father of the Symphony" and "Father of the String Quartet" because of his important contributions to these forms.
Claude-Achille Debussy was a French composer. Along with Maurice Ravel, he was one of the most prominent figures working within the field of impressionist music, though he himself intensely disliked the term when applied to his compositions.
Franz Peter Schubert was an Austrian composer. Today, Schubert is admired as one of the leading exponents of the early Romantic era in music and he remains one of the most frequently performed composers.
Where to buy
This title is also available in (or can be ordered through) many fine music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Release date
- December 2013
- Catalogue number
- MCD 495
- EAN 9314574049527