On the second volume of his Beethoven piano sonatas, Ronald Farren-Price tackles the famous Pathetique Sonata, the G Major Sonata (Op. 14 No. 2), two Rondos and the beautiful late period A flat sonata, Op. 110.
Of the thirty-two sonatas for piano by Beethoven, the Pathetique is undoubtedly one of his most popular works and the best known of the sonatas. Its evocative title given by the publisher was accepted by Beethoven and adds a romantic aura that has seduced generations of listeners.
On this second volume of his Beethoven piano sonatas, Ronald Farren-Price tackles this famous sonata on the Melba Hall Steinway grand, adding the G Major Sonata (Op. 14 No. 2), two Rondos and the beautiful late period A flat sonata, Op. 110.
Volume One - "Moonlight" is available on a separate release from Move Records, MD 3247.
Ronald Farren-Price "... a sensitive artist and a virtuoso of top rank ... he demonstrated a perfect balance between the sound and the expression of the music ... definitely a pianist of great distinction."
- Grave: Allegro di molto con brio 11:42
- Adagio cantabile 4:59
- Rondo: Allegro 4:56
- Allegro 7:46
- Andante 5:12
- Scherzo: Allegro assai 3:41
- Rondo in C, Op 51: No. 1 Moderato e grazioso Ludwig van Beethoven 5:57
- Rondo in G, Op 51: No. 2 Andante cantabile e grazioso: Allegretto: Tempo I Ludwig van Beethoven 9:56
- Moderato cantabile molto espressivo (con amabilità) 6:49
- Allegro molto 2:36
- Adagio ma non troppo (and Arioso dolente): Fuga: Allegro ma non troppo 10:44
Grande Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Pathétique, Op 13 Ludwig van Beethoven
Sonata No. 10 in G major, Op 14: No. 2 Ludwig van Beethoven
Sonata No. 31 in A flat major, Op 110 Ludwig van Beethoven
- Ronald Farren-Price · piano
Ludwig van Beethoven was a German composer and pianist. The crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western art music, he remains one of the most famous and influential composers of all time.