Rush, The Adventures of Sebastian the Fox and Other Goodies
Composed by George Dreyfus. An enjoyable collection featuring two of George Dreyfus' best known compositions, Rush and The Adventures of Sebastian the Fox.
Rush is one of Australia's most popular TV theme tunes and was a Top 40 hit. The Adventures of Sebastian the Fox, written for the ABC children's television series, was inspired by a whimsical text about a cunning little fox and his adventures in the human world.
Other pieces by Dreyfus include Trio and Old Melbourne. Pieces by Margaret Sutherland, Adolph Weiss and Walter Piston round out this enjoyable set.
One of Australia's best known composers, especially the theme from the TV series "Rush", George Dreyfus was recently awarded a the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany at the Victorian Parliament House, for services to music.
- Rush [for Bassoon and Guitar] George Dreyfus 2:59
- The Adventures of Sebastian the Fox George Dreyfus 11:03
- Allegro Marziale 6:18
- Adante 4:49
- Grave - Allegro Giocoso 4:34
- Vivace 2:19
- Tempo di Menuetto 1:49
- Allegro I :59
- Molto Vivace :26
- Allegro II 1:29
- 232 The Esplanade East, Port Melbourne 2:44
- 36 Storey Street, Parkville 2:34
- 1 Nelson Place, Williamstown 2:20
- 29 Sackville Street, Kew 2:47
- Rolland House, Rathdowne Street, Carlton 4:01
- 70 Albert Street, East Melbourne 2:46
- Ricercare 3:08
- Fantasia 1:31
- Sarabande 2:24
- Giuge 2:20
- Allegro scherzando 2:31
- Lento 2:48
- Allegro 3:44
Trio for flute, clarinet and bassoon George Dreyfus
Little Suite For Wind Trio Margaret Sutherland
Old Melbourne George Dreyfus
Petite Suite for flute, clarinet and bassoon Adolph Weiss
Three Pieces for flute, clarinet and bassoon Walter Piston
- George Dreyfus · bassoon · all except tracks 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Jochen Schubert · guitar · tracks 1 and 11—16
- Diane Ridell · flute · all except tracks 1, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16
- Geoffrey Dodd · oboe · tracks 2 and 6—10
- Marla Swift · clarinet · all except tracks 1, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16
- Bruce Knappett · voice · track 2
Margaret Sutherland (1897 – 1984) was an Australian composer, probably the best-known female composer her country has produced.
Where to buy
This recording project has been assisted by the Commonwealth Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.