Musical Portraits from the Salons of Paris
Harpsichordist Elizabeth Anderson recreates a concert from the Salons of Paris. This CD features a collection of grand and lively harpsichord 'character pieces' by composers Forqueray, Duphly and Ballbastre brought to life through Anderson's deft and accomplished playing.
In pre-revolutionary France, the salon was a meeting place for an international aristocracy. Noted aristocrats would stage several salon concerts for invited audiences every month. The 'character piece' or 'portrait piece', often inspired by and representing a celebrated Parisian personality of the time, thrived in this intimate environment.
Elizabeth Anderson has performed in no less than eleven international concert tours to Europe, Japan and Singapore. She is a regular guest lecturer and performer at universities and music schools throughout Australia.
“Lively and sensitive ... lived up to the flamboyance of many of the pieces with exciting displays of virtuosity ... superb phrasing and sympathetic understanding of the music.”
— The Scotsman
- La Portugaise Antoine Forqueray
- La Bellmont Antoine Forqueray
- La de Drummond Jacques Duphly
- La Forqueray Jacques Duphly
- Chaconne Jacques Duphly
- Menuets Jacques Duphly
- La Felix Jacques Duphly
- Les Graces Jacques Duphly
- La de Belombre Jacques Duphly
- La de Caze Claude Balbastre
- La d'Héricourt Claude Balbastre
- La Ségur Claude Balbastre
- La Monmartel ou la Brunoy Claude Balbastre
- La Suzanne Claude Balbastre
- La Berville Claude Balbastre
- La Lugeac Claude Balbastre
- Elizabeth Anderson · harpsichord
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
Recorded at the Move Records Studio, Melbourne Australia.