Move Records has at last assembled a new sampler CD - MOVE 35 - with one track from every CD issued since Critics' Choice. In this case, that's over four years of music crammed onto 53 tracks and two CDs!
As is Move's specialty, these CDs feature only the finest in local musicians and composers. Witness leading performers such as Ronald Farren-Price, Ian Holtham and Stephen McIntyre (piano), Tony Gould (jazz piano), Douglas Lawrence and Sergio de Pieri (pipe organ), Owen Thomson and Rosario De Marco (guitar), Miwako Abe (violin), Genevieve Lacey (recorder), Miriam Morris (viola da gamba) and Ian King (tuba), plus ensembles such as The Ormond College Choir, La Compania, La Romanesca, Woof! Percussion ensemble and the Elysium Ensemble. Don't forget Australian composers too, including the venerable George Dreyfus (Melbourne) as well as Linda Kouvaras (Melbourne), Ron Nagorcka (Launceston), Becky Llewellyn (Adelaide), Ros Bandt (Melbourne) and the late jazz composer John Sangster (Queensland).
There is no obligation whatsoever to make any further purchases beyond the sampler itself, but if you choose to do so, any purchase using the special order form enclosed in the sampler package will be at the significantly reduced rate of just $22 per CD, POST-FREE anywhere in Australia.
Note: You must use the special order form to take advantage of the offer which must be redeemed through direct mail order, not via the internet or through shops.
“remarkable in promoting not just the diversity of Move's catalogue but in celebrating the quality and breadth of music making in this country ... Move Records are more than justified in their celebrations.”
— Patrick Miller, Friends of the Grainger Museum 'In a Nutshell'
- Sixteen Tons
- El Balenton de los Zielos
- Melodies Passageres, Op. 27 Un Cygne
- Guitar Sonata Op. 61 Opening
- Occhi ce sete di voi pomposi
- Chominciamento di gioia
- Got a Date with an Angel
- Song without Words, Op. 30 No. 3 in E major
- Let us Garlands Bring, Op. 18 O Mistress Mine
- (They'll be bluebirds over) The White Cliffs of Dover
- Petrarch Sonnet No. 4 Canzoniere: Benedetto sia 'I giorno'
- Trio Sonata
- Sonate d'intavoltura per organo e cimbalo
- Viola da Gamba Sonata in G minor, Op. 1 no. 6 Sarabande
- Fugue in G Minor, BWV 578
- Sonata No. 14 in C♯ minor, Op. 27 no. 2 Allegretto
- Morceaux de Lecture
- Ah! How sweet it is to Love
- Wedding Divertissement Passapied
- Berceuse, Op. 57
- Sonata in A minor, K. 310 Presto
- Abendlied Three Motets, Op. 38
- Carillon Sortie
- Poissons d'or Images (Book 2)
- Carillon de Westminster (finale)
- Message from the Past
- A Waltz
- Mirror of the Sky / Sea
- In C (excerpt)
- Lament Hope
- Goodbye Michel (excerpt)
- Concerto for Marimba and Small Orchestra 2nd movement
- Eastern Intermezzo
- Home Amongst the Gum Trees
- We Lose Things
- Mood from Lake Mungo
- between home and heaven part III
- Tender Mercies (excerpt)
- Scrub Up
- Letters from Armidale Rain
- Giants in the Land (excerpt)
- Have you met Miss Jones?
- Remembering Mirrabooka
- Berceuse (excerpt)
- Three St. Kilda Sketches II
- Sam the Man, from Lord of the Rings Vol. 1
- Sonatina Rondo
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $10.00 AUD
- Release date
- © 2003 Move Records
- ℗ 2003 Move Records
- Catalogue number
- MD 3250
- EAN 9314574325027