Recorded in the Concert Hall of the Faculty of Music, University of Newcastle, Christian Heim's debut Move CD features Nicholas Routley directing the Sydney Chamber Choir and Sprung Percussion in premiere performances of the two sacred Prayer Dances.
Also includes premiere performances of A Pater Noster, the Lament, New Wine, Meditation, Love Song, Lullaby and the Benedicamus Domino.
This is the central issue of my music: its meditative and ecstatic quality. It is the result of uniting prayer with dance, sacred with secular, and the human with the Divine. - Christian Heim
A past pupil of Peter Sculthorpe and New York maestro Giampaolo Bracali, composer / music therapist Christian Heim believes that folk music, art music and chant can communicate the incomprehensible.
Christian Heim was born in Sydney in 1960. He initially studied composition under Peter Sculthorpe. He studied conducting in Vienna, composition in Paris and both, with a merit scholarship, under Maestro Giampaolo Bracali in New York City. Christian's music has won several awards, has been released on CD and has been broadcast over radio both here and abroad.
— Chris Copas, The Star
“attractive ... very agreeable ... wonderful”
— 2MBS FM Magazine
“inspired ... the healing power of music”
— Anna King Murdoch, The Age
“shatters conceptions of spirituality of being mundane rather than lots of fun.”
— Australian Music Teacher Magazine
- Prayer Dance 1 Christian Heim
- Transformed Christian Heim
- New Wine Christian Heim
- Pange Lingua
- Tantum ergo...
- Laus et Jubilatio!
- Visions of Zechariah Christian Heim
- Benedicamus Domino Christian Heim
- Give it up
- Pater Noster
- Love Song Christian Heim
- Prayer Dance 2 Christian Heim
- Lullaby Christian Heim
Meditation: Pange Lingua Christian Heim
A Pater Noster Christian Heim
Lament Christian Heim
- Sydney Chamber Choir · choir · all except track 12
- Sprung Percussion · percussion · all except tracks 4, 9, 12 and 18
- Nicholas Routley · director · all except track 12
- Kurt Olofsson · solo · tracks 4—7
- Anne Bischoff · solo · tracks 4—7
- Richard Sanchez · baritone · track 8
- Christian Heim · pianoforte · tracks 10—12
- Miriam Allan · soprano · track 12
- Andrew Chubb · viola · tracks 13—16
- Belinda Montgomery · soprano · tracks 13—16
- Miriam Lawson · harp · tracks 13—16