This is percussionist Claire Edwardes' fifth CD. Clairaudience is clear hearing, or the ability to perceive sound from outside sources, often in the spirit world. Psychics who are clairaudient hear voices, sounds or music that are not audible to the normal ear.
All the tracks, except two, feature an external electronic sound source created by the composer to accompany the solo percussion part. In the case of the Steve Reich arrangement the accompanying tracks are essentially a layering of many parts to create a rich web of sound. The majority of these works were written for Claire and recorded in close collaboration with the composers.
Internationally acclaimed percussion soloist, chamber musician and artistic director of Ensemble Offspring, Claire Edwardes has been described by the press as a ‘sorceress of percussion’ performing with ‘spellbinding intensity’ and ‘graceful virtuosity’.
- Nostalgia Vincent Ho
- Counterpoint How does a Miller Melody Eötvös
- Leafcutter Melody Eötvös
- Counterpoint And I was Tired Melody Eötvös
- Time Alone Damien Ricketson
- Counterpoint Book of Flying Melody Eötvös
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Counterpoint No Man Melody Eötvös
- Vermont Counterpoint Steve Reich Arr: Claire Edwardes