This first-ever collection of concert works by Felicity Wilcox represents the cream of her recent chamber music compositions. They include a brand-new recording of her celebrated bass clarinet work composed for Jason Noble, ‘People of this Place’, alongside works commissioned by Ensemble Offspring, Ironwood, and the Australia Ensemble, as well as a movement from Wilcox's first string quartet, performed by Sydney Art Quartet.
This eclectic and mercurial album marks the honing of a strong, contemporary voice in Australian art music, and is an important record of Wilcox's emergent work. It is also a loving tribute to the musicians and ensembles who have championed her music and who contribute so much to Australia's musical landscape.
Ironwood is Australia's renowned historically informed performance group crossing the boundaries of old and new. We are a flexible ensemble of Australia-based world class musicians who love to explore the sound of chamber music on gut strings.
Ensemble Offspring are Sydney’s musical mavericks, uniting innovative Australian instrumentalists with a broad collective of collaborators to champion the music of tomorrow. Together we explore new ideas through living music that leaps across art form.
Founded by artistic director and cellist James Beck, Sydney Art Quartet is a virtuosic quartet that playfully sidestep routine, cliche and orthodoxy. Since 2015 the group has created and produced over 100 performances with some of this country’s most exciting creatives.
- People of this Place Felicity Wilcox
- Uncovered Ground Felicity Wilcox
- Le Tourbillon (electronic interlude)
- Le Tourbillon
- Vivre Sa Vie, Composer’s Cut Felicity Wilcox
- Gouttes d’un Sang Etranger La Reveuse - Coda Felicity Wilcox Marin Marais
- SON-ombra, String Quartet no. 1 SON Felicity Wilcox
- Gouttes d’un Sang Etranger Fragments I - IV Felicity Wilcox Marin Marais
- Snow II. Falling Felicity Wilcox
- Ironwood · ensemble · tracks 2, 3, 5 and 9
- Ensemble Offspring · ensemble · all except tracks 4 and 8
- Sydney Art Quartet · ensemble · track 8
- Felicity Wilcox · piano · track 10
Felicity Wilcox is an ARIA and AACTA-nominated Australian composer, whose output encompasses concert music, film music, songwriting and improvisation, music for theatre, installation, live events, and radio.
Marin Marais (1656-1728) was a French composer and viol player. He studied composition with Jean-Baptiste Lully, often conducting his operas, and with master of the bass viol Monsieur de Sainte-Colombe for six months. In 1676 he was hired as a musician to the royal court of Versailles and was moderately successful there, being appointed in 1679 as ordinaire de la chambre du roy pour la viole, a title he kept until 1725.
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.