Every Delight and Fair Pleasure - The Music of the 14th Century Vol. 2
Music from northern Italy written between the second decade of the 14th century and the early years of the 15th century. Contains anonymous works from the Rossi manuscript and songs by Maestro Piero and Bartolino da Padova.
The Music of the 14th Century Vol. 2.
Includes The Rossi Manuscript, a collection of early treccento songs; a selection of madrigals by Maestro Piero and madrigals and ballatas by Bartolino da Padova. This fascinating disc includes notes on the composers, the works, the context of the music, compositional techniques, translations and stylistic analyses of each piece.
The Ensemble of the Fourteenth Century is a collective of specialist singers and instrumentalists brought together for the Fourteenth Century Recording Project. The ensemble was initially formed around the leading Australian mediaeval ensemble La Romanesca, which was expanded to provide the varied instrumental and vocal combinations required by the repertoire.
“the occasional track can do wonders to relieve sensory biliousness if you're indulging in an unrelieved diet of orchestral and/or operatic music: epicurean excess for the ear.”
— Adelaide Review
- Cum Altre Uccele (Anonymous) 3:52
- Per Tropo Fede (Anonymous) 3:58
- Or Qua Compagni (Anonymous) 3:14
- Lavandose le Mane (Anonymous) 2:42
- Chiamando un'astorella (Anonymous) 2:07
- Nel Mio Bel Orto (Anonymous) 2:53
- All'ombra d'un perlaro Maestro Piero 2:57
- Ogni Diletto Maestro Piero 3:04
- Quando L'aire Comenza Maestro Piero 4:30
- Si Come al Canto Della Bella Iguana Maestro Piero 2:49
- Con Bracchi Assai Maestro Piero 2:57
- Cavalcando con un Giovine Acorto Maestro Piero 3:19
- La Douce Cere Bartolino da Padova 3:07
- Serva Ziascuno Bartolino da Padova 2:32
- Le Aurate Chiome Bartolino da Padova 2:07
- Alba Columba Bartolino da Padova 5:10
- Imperial Sedendo Bartolino da Padova 5:06
- Sempre Dona T'amai Bartolino da Padova 7:04
- Non Corer Troppo Bartolino da Padova 7:21
Where to buy
Every Delight and Fair Pleasure - The Music of the 14th Century Vol. 2 is available as as CD. It can be purchased online through Buywell Music or the Australian Music Centre which both offer secure online ordering.
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Total playing time
- 70 minutes 49 seconds
- John Griffiths
- Martin Wright
- Trinity College Chapel
- Thanks to
- Australian Research Council
La Trobe University
University of Melbourne
- Release date
- © 1991 The University of Melbourne, La Trobe University
- ℗ 1991 Move Records
- Early music, Vocal
- Catalogue number
- MD 3092
- EAN 9314574309225