Features the Peter Clinch Saxophone Quartet, Petra String Quartet and Tehama Patkin in Australian works by Eric Gross, William Lovelock and Barry Conyngham.
Peter Clinch (1930-1995) was a Australian saxophonist, clarinetist, composer and educator.
- Allegro 5:24
- Lento Ma quasi Rubato 6:16
- Quintet for Eflat Alto Saxophone and String Quartet Allegro Eric Gross 7:53
- Introspections for Saxophone and Prepared Tape Peter Clinch Geoffrey d'Ombrain 3:37
- Finale from Suite for Saxophone Quartet William Lovelock 2:12
- Prelude 3:06
- Valsette 2:20
- Scherzo 2:25
- Journeys for Solo Performer and Computer Tape Barry Conyngham 11:48
Quintet for E flat Alto Saxophone and String Quartet Eric Gross
The Sketches for Clarinet and Piano William Lovelock
- Peter Clinch · saxophone
- Petra String Quartet · strings · tracks 1—3
- Nehama Patkin · piano · tracks 6—8
- Tony Hicks · saxophone · track 5
- Mark Franklin · saxophone · track 5
- Ian Godfrey · saxophone · track 5
Australian composer Eric Gross' philosophy involves writing music that will firstly convince its performers before it can convince its audience.
Born in Sydney Australia, Barry Conyngham has received numerous awards, prizes and grants for composition, including Churchill (1970), Harkness (1972-74), Australia Council (1974-5), and Senior Fulbright (1982) Fellowships. He has an ARIA, two Sounds Australian Critics Awards and two Maggs Awards.
Geoffrey d'Ombrain now pursues his real musical passions: improvisation, composition and performimg. Flute playing is a central part of all this, as is the attraction of music derived from bird calls.
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $20.00 AUD
- Total playing time
- 45 minutes 1 seconds
- Release date
- © 1987 Move Records
- ℗ 1987 Move Records
- Catalogue number
- MD 3058
- EAN 9314574305821