Ronald Farren-Price Plays Chopin
With a virtuosity that has become the hallmark of his performing career, Farren-Price pays tribute to the creative genius of Frederic Chopin in this carefully selected program.
Includes the famous 'Funeral March (op. 35)', the 'nocturnes in B-flat minor', 'F minor 'and 'E-flat major'; 'Polonaises 1 and 2 from op. 26' and 'Ballade No.4, op. 52'.
Ronald Farren-Price "... a sensitive artist and a virtuoso of top rank ... he demonstrated a perfect balance between the sound and the expression of the music ... definitely a pianist of great distinction."
“... refined and eloquent with the tonal colours subtly delineated.”
— Barney Zwartz, The Age
“his mastery ... is evident in every note played.”
— Sunday Herald Sun
“This is home territory for Farren-Price ... he expounded all works with convincing warmth and a controlled virtuosity.”
— The Age
- Grave; Doppio movimento; Sostenuto
- Marche funebre
- Nocturne in B flat minor, Op. 9, No. 1 Larghetto Frédéric Chopin
- Nocturne in F minor, Op. 55, No. 1 Andante Frédéric Chopin
- Nocturne in E flat Major, Op. 55, No. 2 Lento sostenuto Frédéric Chopin
- Polonaise, Op. 26, No. 1 in C sharp minor Frédéric Chopin
- Polonaise, Op. 26, No. 2 in E flat minor Frédéric Chopin
- Ballade, Op. 52, No. 4 in F minor Frédéric Chopin
Sonate No. 2 in B flat minor (Funeral March), Op. 35 Frédéric Chopin
- Ronald Farren-Price · piano
Frédéric François Chopin was a Polish composer, virtuoso pianist, and music teacher. He was one of the great masters of Romantic music and has been called "the poet of the piano".
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.