If you would enjoy a laid-back nightclub scene with a smoothed out jazz band, and a lady with an amazingly strong voice pouring down like silver, this album is for you. This classic LP from jazz great Linda Cable has now been re-reissued on CD.
London-born Linda Cable started her singing career in Australia singing the blues. Developing her own unique style, she is renowned in Australian jazz circles and has progressed into world class jazz singer. Her interpretation of up-tempo jazz or scintillating moody ballads is rare artistry indeed.
“There seems to be a fair amount of intelligence involved here and so there is not a great deal of smoke. Its a clean burn as they say ... all flames, and clingy ideas and memories working overtime behind your eyeballs.”
— Ralph Morningstar, Ear to Ear magazine, 1986
- Linda Cable · vocal
- Virgil Donati · drums · tracks 2, 5 and 6
- Peter Jones · keyboards, synthesiser
- Jeremy Alsop · bass · all except track 4
- Bill Harrower · saxophones, flutes
- Bobby Venier · trumpet, flugelhorn
- Alex Pertout · percussion
- Roger McLachlan · bass · track 4
- David Jones · drums · tracks 1, 3, 4 and 7
- Jim Kelly · guitar · tracks 1—3
- Lisa Edwards · backing vocal
- Roz Bazzani · backing vocal
- Mark Domoney · guitar
Jim Kelly established himself as a gifted contemporary guitarist and composer when he formed Australia's leading jazz-rock fusion band Crossfire. He is in great demand at jazz festivals and live music venues.
One of Australia's finest jazz pianists, Peter Jones has played for and wowed audiences worldwide. In between tours, his talents extend to composing, arranging and conducting in Melbourne's recording and television studios.
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
This recording project has been assisted by the Commonwealth Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.