Rhythm of Life
A delicious blend of highlights from Broadway shows, popular music theatre, traditional songs and operatic hits.
A delicious blend of highlights from Broadway shows, popular music theatre, traditional songs and operatic hits. 'Oliver', 'West Side Story', 'The Marriage of Figaro', 'The Phantom of the Opera', 'La Traviata', and favourites such as 'Danny Boy', 'Fool on the Hill', and 'The Gendarmes Duet', that will entertain and delight.
"They combine harmoniously and fluently with great style and panache ...a fine gift for any music lover" (Australian Jewish News)
Creative Universe is thrilled to present fabulous Melbourne five-some Pot-Pourri. Continuing to enchant audiences around the world with their inspiring and unique sound, much-loved repertoire of opera, music theatre and song and their inimitable warmth and wit, Pot-Pourri celebrates 25 Years in 2012.
- Who will buy? Lionel Bart 2:48
- The letter duet Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 2:53
- Danny boy 2:50
- Rhythm of Life Ornette Coleman Arr: David Ashton-Smith 3:17
- The Fool on the Hill John Lennon Paul McCartney Arr: Kathleen McGuire 2:37
- O mio babbino caro Giacomo Puccini 2:11
- All I Ask of You Andrew Lloyd Webber 3:40
- Anthem Tommie Andersson 3:10
- The Wrong Note Rag Leonard Bernstein 2:32
- Our Time Stephen Sondheim Arr: Kathleen McGuire 2:56
- Nocturne Gaetano Donizetti 2:55
- One Hand, One Heart Leonard Bernstein Stephen Sondheim 3:14
- You are my Heart's Delight Franz Lehar 3:31
- Let's Call the Whole Thing Off George Gershwin Ira Gershwin Arr: (Richard M. Brown) 2:40
- Papa, Can You Hear Me Michel Legrand 3:48
- The Cat Duet Gioacchino Rossini 3:10
- The Gendarmes Duet (Jacques Offenbach) 2:26
- The Drinking Song Giuseppe Verdi 2:58
- Antionette Halloran · tracks 2, 6, 12, 14 and 16
- Jonathan Morton · tracks 7, 12, 13 and 17
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers.
Larger-than-life Lenny - a phenomenally gifted composer, conductor, teacher, performer; an unflaggingly enthusiastic, brash, enormously complex musician; a man dedicated to breaking down personal, political and musical barriers between people.
George Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known.
Jacques Offenbach (20 June 1819 – 5 October 1880) was a German-born French composer, cellist and impresario of the romantic period. He is remembered for his nearly 100 operettas of the 1850s–1870s and his uncompleted opera The Tales of Hoffmann. He was a powerful influence on later composers of the operetta genre, particularly Johann Strauss, Jr. and Arthur Sullivan. His best-known works were continually revived during the 20th century, and many of his operettas continue to be staged in the 21st. The Tales of Hoffman remains part of the standard opera repertory.