Psalms and chants from the Anglican and Taizé traditions, plus two hymns, directed by Peter Chapman. This recording by Cantus Choro demonstrates Peter's love of the Anglican psalm tradition, his lively musicianship and care for phrasing and words.
Peter Chapman - choral conductor, singer and music teacher, achieved renown for his direction of the Choir of Canterbury Fellowship in Melbourne for 25 years. He began his singing career as a boy of eight, later studying at the Melbourne University Conservatorium of Music and at the Royal Academy of Music. While in London, he sang in the BBC Chorus and the choirs of Westminster Abbey and the London Philharmonic.
Peter Chapman’s enthusiasm and skill as a conductor have inspired countless young musicians, particularly Royal Society of Church Music choristers and students at Scotch College.
This recording with Cantus Choro followed three CD recordings of favourite hymns
from the Australian Hymn Book.
It demonstrates Peter’s love of the Anglican psalm tradition, his lively musicianship and his care for phrasing and words.
Cantus Choro has established a fine reputation for its broadcasts for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and recitals of sacred and secular music. Directed by Peter Chapman, with Norman Kaye on the organ.
- Psalm 65: Thou O God art praised in Sion George Mursell Garrett
- Psalm 133 / 134: Behold how good and joyful a thing it is John Goss Thomas Tallis
- Psalm 22: My God, my God John Goss William Bayley William Crotch
- Psalm 23: The Lord is my shepherd Thomas Attwood Walmisley
- Psalm 19: The heavens declare the glory of God Edward John Hopkins Henry Walford Davies
- Easter Anthem [Garrett] George Mursell Garrett
- Magnificat Peter Chapman
- Easter Anthem [Plainsong] Ian Forrester (Traditional)
- By gracious powers so wonderfully sheltered Charles Hubert Hastings Parry Dietrich Bonhohoeffer
- Christus Resurrexit Jacques Berthier
- Christ upon the mountain peak Sydney Nicholson Brian Wren
- Dona Nobis Pacem Jacques Berthier
Peter Chapman - choral conductor, singer and music teacher, achieved renown for his direction of the Choir of Canterbury Fellowship and of Cantus Choro in Melbourne for 25 years.
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $20.00 AUD
- Release date
- March 2018
- © 2018 Move Records
- ℗ 2018 Move Records
- Catalogue number
- MD 3350
- EAN 9314574335026