Elephantasy: orchestral and operatic music of Eve Duncan
Orchestral, chamber and operatic music. This collection of music by composer Eve Duncan is performed by a variety of different ensembles and performers.
A group of musicians assembled to perform some of the tracks on composer Eve Duncan's "Elephantasy" CD. The players were conduced by Timothy Philips.
Timothy Phillips' teachers have included percussionists John Seal, Daryl Pratt and Isao Nakamura. He has performed with numerous orchestras and ensembles both in Europe and Australia including Ensemble Modern, the Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Australian Art Orchestra and Libra.
Michael Kieran Harvey is one of the foremost interpreters of contemporary piano music of his generation. A champion of Australian music and himself a composer, he regularly commissions new Australian music and has performed with Australia's leading contemporary music ensembles and orchestras.
Tristram Williams maintains a busy international career as a leading young soloist, ensemble musician, improvisor and educator. Williams is particularly interested in new music, and has worked with many international and Australian composers, and has had many solo works composed especially for his unique talent.
Deborah Kayser performs in areas as diverse as ancient Byzantine chant, French and German Baroque song and classical contemporary music, both scored and improvised. Her work has led her to tour regularly both within Australia, and internationally to Europe and Asia. She has recorded, as soloist, on numerous CDs, and her work is frequently broadcast on ABC FM.
Sirius Chamber Ensemble was formed in 2011 by Ian Sykes and Dr Alison Evans and is committed to premiering new works by Australian and international composers alongside classics from the repertoire in a friendly, accessible atmosphere.
- Approaching Venice Eve Duncan
- Sydney Opera House I Eve Duncan
- Sydney Opera House II Eve Duncan
- Deep in Summer Eve Duncan
- From a Star Afar Eve Duncan
- I Told You Mr Vayne, Nothing Here is Mine
- Do You Think I Am Beautiful?
- Ah, But I Do Know His Face
- Juliana and Jeffrey’s Love Duet
- So This is the Dragon’s Den
- If You Were a Relation
- Aer Turas Eve Duncan
The Aspern Papers Eve Duncan
- Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra · ensemble · track 1
- Josefino Chino Toledo · conductor · track 1
- Eve Duncan Chamber Orchestra · ensemble · tracks 2, 3 and 6—11
- Timothy Phillips · conductor · tracks 2, 3 and 6—11
- Michael Kieran Harvey · piano · tracks 2—5
- Tristram Williams · trumpet · track 4
- Justine Anderson · soprano · tracks 6, 10 and 11
- Jerzy Kozlowski · baritone · tracks 6, 8, 10 and 11
- Deborah Kayser · alto · tracks 7—11
- Dan Walker · counter-tenor · track 9
- Sirius Ensemble · ensemble · track 12
Eve Duncan has composed chamber, orchestral and vocal music, and her work has been presented in many festivals in Australia, Asia and Europe.
Where to buy
Elephantasy: orchestral and operatic music of Eve Duncan is available as as CD. It can be purchased online through Buywell Music or the Australian Music Centre which both offer secure online ordering.
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Release date
- February 2021
- © 2020 Eve Duncan
- ℗ 2020 Move Records
- Catalogue number
- MD 3454
- EAN 9314574345421