Night and Dreams
Songs by Mozart, Schubert's Serenade and Nacht und Träume, plus some wonderful Spanish and Argentinian folksongs.
Acclaimed soprano Merlyn Quaife presents a program of delicate and colourful songs by Mozart and Schubert, alongside evocative Spanish and Argentinian folksongs by Moretti, Gerhard and Guastavino.
Merlyn Quaife is a distinguished soprano and performer of great versatility, encompassing opera, oratorio, lieder, chamber music and contemporary music to great acclaim throughout Australia, Europe and the USA.
Guitarist, Jochen Schubert is a versatile performer, offering solo-recitals and chamber-music; he also works as an orchestra-musician, conductor, arranger, lecturer and accompanist.
“One of the best local releases for sometime ... It is Quaife at her crystalline best ... Jochen Schubert provides a most eloquent accompaniment.”
— 3MBS FM Libretto
“an outstanding album and will please a broad cross-section of the market.”
— The Melbourne Report
- Ridente la Calma Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Oiseaux si tous les ans Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Die Zufriedenheit Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Komm, liebe Zither Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- La Reflexion Federico Moretti
- La Explicacion Federico Moretti
- El Descuido Federico Moretti
- Heiden-Röslein Franz Schubert
- Nacht und Träume Franz Schubert
- Ständchen Franz Schubert
- La Indita
- El Toro
- La Auséncia
- Un Galan y su Morena
- La Lobada
- La Muerta y la Donzella
- Reinas de la Baraja
- Severa Villafane Carlos Guastavino
- Ay Que el Alma Carlos Guastavino
- Pueblito, mi Pueblo Carlos Guastavino
Cantares Roberto Gerhard
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers.
Franz Peter Schubert was an Austrian composer. Today, Schubert is admired as one of the leading exponents of the early Romantic era in music and he remains one of the most frequently performed composers.