Sombras: the music of Astor Piazzolla
La Tin Shed Orquesta presents the music of Astor Piazolla. Astor Piazzolla’s compositions from the 1930’s to 1990 re-defined the Tango. His famous Quintet from the 70’s gave the world ‘Tango Nuevo’.
This CD traces Piazzolla’s artistic journey - from his early compositions while studying in Paris, The Quintet and more ‘classical’ pieces written for Film, Chamber groups or solo instruments.
'Sombras' was one of the weekly featured discs on Julie Lester's 'Classic Drive' program on ABC Classic FM in February 2011.
La Tin Shed Orquesta are a chamber group from Melbourne, Australia, who explore modern Latin American music, particularly by composers such as Astor Piazzolla, Jose Bragato and Paquito D’Rivera.
- Otono Porteno Ástor Piazzolla 6:03
- Preparense Ástor Piazzolla 3:37
- Cafe 1930 Ástor Piazzolla 7:40
- Soledad Ástor Piazzolla 6:58
- Nocturno Ástor Piazzolla 2:02
- Tanti Anni Prima Ástor Piazzolla 5:29
- Nightclub 1960 Ástor Piazzolla 6:06
- Decarissimo Ástor Piazzolla 3:16
- Meditango Ástor Piazzolla 4:47
- Vals Ástor Piazzolla 1:34
- Luz Y Sombra Ástor Piazzolla 3:03
- Bordel 1900 Ástor Piazzolla 4:50
- Invierno Porteno Ástor Piazzolla 7:02
- Lisa Ring · flute
- Chris Ondaatje · clarinet
- Claire Ransome · violin
- Karina Di Sisto · cello
- Kay Chim · piano
- John Goldsworthy · bass
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
Recorded at the Move Records Studio, Melbourne Australia.
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Total playing time
- 62 minutes 27 seconds
- Adrian Close
Karina Di Sisto
- John Goldsworthy
- Vaughan McAlley
- Move Records Studio
- Release date
- © 2010 Move Records
- ℗ 2010 Move Records
- Classical, Cross-cultural
- Catalogue number
- MD 3334
- EAN 9314574333428