70 More Variations on "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
The tune "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" has fascinated and irritated composers through the ages. In this second collection Julian Yu has commissioned a staggeringly diverse cornucopia of stylistic arrangements of the tune. Michael Kieran Harvey tackles scores from the frivolous to the frenetic, the fragile to the fragrant, the popular to the profound.
Every composer has responded with good humour and imagination.
Michael Kieran Harvey is one of the foremost interpreters of contemporary piano music of his generation. A champion of Australian music and himself a composer, he regularly commissions new Australian music and has performed with Australia's leading contemporary music ensembles and orchestras.
- The Theme: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (TTLS) (Traditional)
- Ah, vous dirai-je maman Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Retrograde Canon XU Mendong
- The Ride of the Little Star Michael Kieran Harvey
- Star Trail Elliott Gyger
- A Peculiar Bird QIN Wenchen
- Sleepy Star Brenton Broadstock
- Choleric Variation on TTLS David DeBoor Canfield
- Bagatelle for Akse Stuart Greenbaum
- Ballad for Guitar Xiao HU
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Ferry Matthew Orlovich
- Stallar Fancy David Keeffe
- Telonius Monk Mari Takano
- Ma Mère, J'Te Kiffe Trop Grave Jean-Pierre Vial
- Impression of Australian Grassland LU Pei
- Contemplation on a Dwarf Star Courtney Williams
- Star Sprint Susan Wood
- Miniature Etude: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Joanie Chung Yee LEE
- Back to ancient China HU Haipeng
- Dance of the Golden Snake LIN Tong
- Dozing Off LI Qianyun
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star: Starlight Variation Richard Pressley
- Twinkle Fifth Denis Feletto
- TTLS Chromatic bass Andrew D. Herring
- Autunno Lidio Salvatore Cirillo
- Variation for piano on the theme of TTLS SHI Ziwei
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star in a Greek Dancing Way Sylvia Triantafyllou
- Kiss ZHANG Yanpeng
- VeYeBe … where the stars twinkle Krisna Setiawan
- Twinkle the Greek Xaralambos Nabrozidis
- Starry Night (by the lake) HyeKyung LEE
- Variation on Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Jonathan Galton
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Samba Star Carole Quaife
- Song of the Stars: A loose pop variation of TTLS Jia Jie CHEN
- How I Wondered Gareth Rhys Jones
- 5/8 Twinkle Thanos Yakas
- 372. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Louis Johnson
- Wonderland PAN Minya
- Shimmering and Sparks Pat Hanchet
- Black Star Tyler Minshew
- Hong Kong Dominik Gajdoš
- Variation on TTLS (Nuno Peixoto de Pinho) Nuno Peixoto de Pinho
- Anton Little Boogie Antanas Kučinskas
- Kabuki of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Yu KUWABARA
- Twinkling Tom Armitage
- Variation on TTLS (Cavestany) Rafael Cavastany
- Variation: Song Jeffrey Edenberg
- Twelve Stars Clarence ZHANG
- Una variazione spettrale sul tema TTLS Pawel Siek
- Seven Variations on Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star CHU Wanghua
- TTLS: a variation for two hands André Luiz Greboge
- Prelude in D Minor Alexander Krasnopolsky
- Twinkling Light LIU Zhifeng
- Where has the Little Star Been? PENG Cheng
- The twinkle stars whisper to the moon Man-ngai Tang
- Variation on TTLS (Oskolkov) Sergei Oskolkove
- Russian Song and Dance on TTLS Michael Roitershtein
- Variation on the theme of TTLS (Evgeny Petrov) Evgeny Petrov
- Infinite Song Ross James Carey
- Then the traveller in the dark Kym Dillon
- Variation on TTLS (Panchenko) Elizaveta Panchenko
- Twinkle Little Sichuan Opera SONG Mingzhu PANG Yan
- Night Song ZHAO Xi
- Twinkle Twinkle Icy Stars Martine Wengrow
- Fallen Star Anthony Lyons
- Space Travel to the Twinkling Stars Ada Nga-Ting LAI
- Like a Diamond Vaughan McAlley
- Little Star Over the Hall of the Mountain King Marion Gray
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (Satoshi Tanaka) Satoshi TANAKA
- Scintillation: Scintle, Scintle, Little Star Julian Yu
The multi-award winning Australian composer Julian Yu employs a musical language imbued with a high degree of elegance and expressiveness, which are both enhanced by an impeccable craft and special attention to detail.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was a prolific and influential composer of the Classical era. He composed over 600 works, many acknowledged as pinnacles of symphonic, concertante, chamber, piano, operatic, and choral music. He is among the most enduringly popular of classical composers.
Elliott Gyger was born in Sydney, and has been writing music since about the age of ten. His compositional and research interests include the creation of a purely musical sense of drama and narrative, and the multilayered interplay of music and text.
Brenton Broadstock is now one of Australia's most well established, respected and successful mid-generation composers.
The Stuart Greenbaum sound has overt connections to jazz, pop and minimalism but is equally grounded in the Western art music tradition.
Vaughan is a composer and arranger, a capable flautist and french horn player as well as engineer of countless Move CD releases.
Where to buy
Move CDs can be ordered through music retailers across Australia including Readings.
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Release date
- November 2015
- © 2015 Move Records
- ℗ 2015 Move Records
- Catalogue number
- MD 3405
- EAN 9314574340525