Silver - celebrating 25 years
In 2012 one of Australia’s most-loved groups, Pot-Pourri, is celebrating 25 years! Silver is the group’s seventh recording and celebrates its 25th Anniversary.
The songs tell simple and epic stories of love, loss, hope, courage, mystery and madness. From silver moons to fields of gold, pigeons to phantoms, Puccini to Sting, darkness to light ... There is music to open your heart, touch your soul and stir your senses ... a true pot-pourri which blends contemporary classics, a touch of opera, a dash of Broadway and lashings of the best music ever written.
Highlights include stunning arrangements of Cohen’s Hallelujah and Sting’s Fields of Gold, songs from Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Into the Woods, Carousel, Madam Butterfly, The Pearl Fishers, Turandot and some unique gems such as Poisoning Pigeons in the Park and Stars and Moon.
Silver was launched at a major concert at Melbourne Town Hall on Sunday 27th November. Pot-Pourri will also present national and international concerts and performances at a range of special events throughout 2012.
Creative Universe is thrilled to present fabulous Melbourne five-some Pot-Pourri. Continuing to enchant audiences around the world with their inspiring and unique sound, much-loved repertoire of opera, music theatre and song and their inimitable warmth and wit, Pot-Pourri celebrates 25 Years in 2012.
- Hallelujah Leonard Cohen Arr: Kathleen McGuire 3:56
- La vie en rose Louis Guglielmi Edith Piaf 4:35
- I Heard you Singing Eric Coates Harry Rodney Bennett 3:05
- Fields of Gold Sting Arr: Kathleen McGuire 4:04
- Poisoning Pigeons in the Park Tom Lehrer 2:35
- Bring him home Claude-Michel Schönberg Herbert Kretzmer Alain Boublil 3:21
- I Dreamed a Dream Claude-Michel Schönberg Herbert Kretzmer Alain Boublil 3:22
- No one is Alone Stephen Sondheim 2:52
- Lily's Eyes Lucy Simon Marsha Norman 3:20
- Stars and Moon Jason Robert Brown 4:36
- The Prayer Carole Bayer Sager David Foster Arr: Richard Brown 4:12
- Music of the Night Andrew Lloyd Webber Charles Hart 3:56
- Ballade No.1 Frédéric Chopin 6:03
- One Fine Day Giacomo Puccini Luigi Illica Giuseppe Giacosa 4:56
- In the depths of the temple George Bizet Eugène Cormon Michel Carré 4:02
- O Silver Moon Antonín Dvořák Jaroslav Kvapil 4:33
- You'll Never Walk Alone Richard Rodgers Oscar Hammerstein II Arr: Richard Brown 4:02
- Nessun Dorma Giacomo Puccini Renato Simoni Giuseppe Adami 3:02
Frédéric François Chopin was a Polish composer, virtuoso pianist, and music teacher. He was one of the great masters of Romantic music and has been called "the poet of the piano".
More prolific than George Gershwin (who died at 38), more popular than Stephen Sondheim and esteemed among musicians of all genres. Collectively, his catalogue of songs reads like a treasury of classics from American musical theater's golden age.
Where to buy
- List price
- $25.00 AUD
- Total playing time
- 70 minutes 32 seconds
- Release date
- October 2011
- © 2011 Pot-Pourri
- ℗ 2011 Pot-Pourri
- Catalogue number
- MCD 459
- EAN 9314574045925